Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Working with Raj on the next collection: Rings!


Raj is very particular about edges - he wants to get them just right. Here he is, filing away at one of the sample rings.


A simple doodle is all it takes for Raj to understand what I need in a design. So glad!!


Everything in its place. I love our little workshop! :) 


The 'madur' or chattai' or grass mat reminds me of home - as kids, we used to roll these out in the summers for a quick siesta, or would spread out our summer vacation homework and pretend to be working hard. And of course, I'm crazy about hammering blocks and butcher's blocks.. something so earthy and solid about them. Especially the way they wear down beautifully with use. I keep eying the one that my local butcher uses too...

No comments:

Post a Comment